I saw this tag over at Readers in Wonderland and thought it would be so much fun to do!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
My motion sickness is so bad I can’t even text! Which really sucks because I’m on the bus at least three hours every day, and all I can do is sit still. I tried reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde on the bus once, and after one chapter I wanted to barf. I really get jealous of everyone who can read in the car, bus, train, etc.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Erin Morgenstern’s! She has written The Night Circus in a way that makes you feel like you are one of the spectators at the circus. And I just loved the way she writes descriptions. When I read her book, I wanted to write just like her.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
- Harry Potter is basically my whole childhood.
- It’s what introduced me to fantasy. It’s what made me love that genre.
- I just can’t get enough of Harry Potter! I wish J. K. Rowling would forever write about Harry, Ron, and Hermione or any Harry Potter character or anything Harry Potter related!
Just want to say though that Twilight was, like, my college life.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
No, but I bring a book with me every time I have to go somewhere that requires waiting for someone or waiting in line.
5. Do you smell your books?
I love books, but I don’t love smelling them.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
It doesn’t matter. Those little illustrations in books never bother me, nor do I ever look for them if there aren’t any.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Um. Hmm. I don’t really know. Probably none.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Ugh, none. Not a funny kid.
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. It’s really tiny it’s smaller than my hand.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Probably my KJV Bible.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
Well, yes, I write a lot. But they’re mostly for myself. I only wish I could be an author.
12. When did you get into reading?
Very, very early.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
The Picture of Dorian Gray is a classic, right?
14. In school what was your best subject?
French. Ha! But don’t ask me anything in French. It was just basic stuff.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
16. What is a lesser-known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Goddess Girls by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams. I read the first book and thought it was similar to Harry Potter. (I love Goddess Girls, by the way.)
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I have a difficult time hitting Publish. I always fear there’s something else I’d want to say, something I’d like to change, something I’ve spelled incorrectly, etc.
18. What is your favorite word?
It changes all the time. Right now it’s “fluff.”
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I don’t even know what a dweeb is.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I like wings.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I like wings.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. They’re sexier.
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires. They’re sexier.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Forbidden love. I’m not really a fan of love triangles.
25. Full-on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action packed with a few love scenes mixed in. But, you know, I’m not really picky when it comes to books. I would read full-on romance books if somebody would give me recs.
I tag Louise Spells and anyone else who would like to do the tag!